Watching: 48 Hours Mystery
Drinking: about to chug some NyQuil
Location: in the comforts of my bed.
Quote of the Day: The opposite of consumption isn’t thrift—it’s generosity. -Raj Patel
Dictionary Word of the Day: rapacious
adjective; 1. Given to plunder; seizing by force. 2.Subsisting on prey. 3.Grasping; greedy.
Sorry, it's been awhile since I posted. I've been crazy busy. And now I'm getting sick. Hopefully not crazy sick.
Here's my song of the day.
Forever by Rascal Flatts
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Watching: 48 Hours Mystery
Posted by Tiffany at 10:24 PM
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Watching: Paper Heart
Drinking: cranberry juice
Location: on my couch
Quote of the Day: It's all true. -Eddie Izzard
Dictionary Word of the Day: frangible
-adjective 1. Capable of being broken; brittle; fragile; easily broken.
Sentence of the day: I think everybody feels that way.
Another one of my favorite songs. Maybe I should just spend the next several days getting all those out??
Oh, and sorry I didn't post on Friday. I had full intentions of doing it Friday night after I came home from hanging out with friends. But then I got really drunk and went bowling until like 12:30. And then I didn't get home until 2:00. I was pretty sober by then, but it was Saturday. So it wasn't the same. And then of course I was sleeping off and on during the day yesterday just because I could and went and saw Eddie Izzard last night. Which was pretty f**king great, I must say.
Anyway....song of the day!!
Stellar by Incubus
Posted by Tiffany at 7:45 PM
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Watching: the seconds tick by seems like an hour in between each one
Drinking: Coca-Cola (with a smile)
Quote of the Day: I think I'm going nuts. -unnamed coworker
Dictionary Word of the Day: bibelot
-noun 1.A small decorative object without practical utility; a trinket.
Sentence of the day: Lies!!!
I'm so excited for today's song of the day. One of my favorite songs. But be warned, I'll probably tell you that a lot. I have lots of favorite songs.
Here it is!! I LOVE THIS SONG!!! Although I don't think it was ever released as a single since there doesn't seem to be a music video for it.
Butterflies by Michael Jackson
Posted by Tiffany at 4:09 PM
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Watching: the letters go across the monitor as I type
Eating: Bubble Mint gum
Quote of the Day: Be Yourself. Everyone else is taken. (Oscar Wilde)
Dictionary Word of the Day: lacuna
noun 1.A blank space; a missing part; a gap.
Sentence of the day: Why won't the power just go out already???
I love this song. No, I hate this song. I just don't know how I feel about this one.
Tik Tok - by Ke$ha
Posted by Tiffany at 1:37 PM
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Watching: The sun shining brightly even though this storm is supposed to be horrendous.
Quote of the Day: Call me Mr. Flintstone, I can make your bed rock. - Young Money
Dictionary Word of the Day: perambulate
1.To walk about; to roam; to stroll; as, "he perambulated in the park."transitive verb: 1.To walk through or over.2.To travel over for the purpose of surveying or inspecting.
Sentence of the Day: No, I don't know who Eddie Izzard is.
And today's song of the day is................
Pants on the Ground by General Larry Platt. (I figured I'd better jump on the band wagon since I've been singing this song since last week anyway.)
Posted by Tiffany at 12:15 PM
Monday, January 18, 2010
Watching: the rain pour down outside from my desk at work
Quote of the Day: We're turning into white trash. - my coworker
Dictionary Word of the Day: ACCORD
1. To be in agreement or harmony; agree.
1. To cause to conform or agree; bring into harmony.
Sentence of the Day: I'll let the gods know how you feel.
Good morning Blog people! So far today, I don't really have much to say. Still in need of some creativity. But how about a song of the day instead? I love music. It's a necessity in my life. I think maybe if I give you a song of the day, that might encourage my to blog more. Song of the day is....(drum roll please)
Two Occasions by The Deele. I love this song. I couldn't even tell you how old it is, but as you can see from the video, it's gotta be from the 80's....right? Aside from the video, the song is timeless. I hope you love it as much as I do.
Posted by Tiffany at 9:27 AM
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Watching: my collegiate career flash before my eyes
Location: in my bed but not far enough under the covers
Quote of the Day: You know what? You’re excluded from dinner, then. You’re excluded from Surf-and-Turf Night. You’re excluded from Ravioli Night. You’re excluded from Chicken-Cutlet Night. - Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino
Dictionary Word of the Day: ONUS OH-nuhs
1. a burden; an obligation; a disagreeable necessity.
1. a: A stigma. b: blame
1. The burden of proof.
Sentence of the Day: Toodaloo muthafuckalalalalalalalalalalala!!
Alright, so obviously my resolution to blog daily is down the shitter. I haven't been able to because of time constraints, lack of a topic (or lack of a topic I wish to discuss), or just quite simply...lack of motivation.
Just a little bit ago I was surfing Facebook. Looking at friends of friends and so on and so forth. One of these friends of friends has a blog so I checked it out. He hasn't blogged in months, but I thought the concept was pretty cool. And therefore, I plan to try to incorporate his idea into mine.
The beginning of his blogs all list the following:
Quote of the Day:
Dictionary Word of the Day:
Sentence of the Day:
So yeah, I think that's cool. And I'm going to do it. Actually, I guess you could say I'm stealing it because I didn't ask him if it was cool to do it. But I don't know this guy. He's friends of a guy I went to high school with....so yeah....OK, I'm a stealer.
that's really all I have to blog about at this particular moment in time. Unless you can tell me the answers to these algebra questions.
1. A cellular phone company offers a contract for which the cost C, in dollars, of t minutes of telephoning is given by C=.025(t-300)+53.95, where it is assumed that t is greater than or equal to 300 minutes. What times will keep costs between $95.70 and $122.20?
2. Solve by elimination method.
What is the solution of the system?
a. The solution is ____ (type an ordered pair. Use integers or fractions for any numbers is the expression.)
b. There are infinitely many solutions.
c. There is no solution.
3. Soybean meal is 14% protein; cornmeal is 7% protein. How many pounds of each should be mixed together in order to get 280-lb. mixture that is 9% protein?
Posted by Tiffany at 12:53 PM
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Alright, so here's the deal. I'm going through some stuff in my life that I care not to blog about. As a result of that, I have no motivation to take pictures of anything. Instead, maybe I'll Google something cool and share it with you here like I did for yesterday's post. So with that being said, here is my picture of the day. I won't tell you what I put in to Google to find it, but I'll just let you have your own interpretation. However, I think it's really interesting considering what I typed in to Google to find it. If I could find this in a print in a store, I most likely would buy it framed and display it in my home.
Posted by Tiffany at 6:18 PM
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Monday, January 4, 2010
Very simple. Of course, I stole the idea from Danielle*. C'mon. Do you really think I have an ounce of originality? HA!
OK, so here goes.
20 things that are awesome:
1. Applebee's new "under 550 calories" menu. Because it's good stuff under 550 calories.
2. Old Navy "The Dreamer" boot cut jeans because they are a little stretchy, but not too stretchy. And the front panel slims the tummy. What girl doesn't love that?
3. My iPod because quite simply, I cannot function without it. Seriously.
4. DirecTV because it's everything that Dish Network isn't.
5. Water because it helps fill your tummy, is good for you, if you drink enough it purifies your skin, and because of every other reason that we need water. Water rocks.
6. Gmail because I can sort all my email and pull up stuff that people said 6 months ago if I feel like pulling the bullshit card.
7. Giraffes. Because they're awesome. That's why.
8. Skype because I can talk to my best friend face to face even though she's some odd thousands of miles away.
9. Facebook because I can laugh at people without doing it to their faces.
10. Texting because I hate talking on the phone.
11. Danny because he has my back.
12. Work because as much as it sucks sometimes, it's somewhere to go during the day.
13. Stephenie Meyer because she wrote the Twilight Saga and I love love love it.
14. Jay-Z because he's a lyrical genius.
15. The San Francisco Bay Area because as much as I hate it sometimes, I don't want to live anywhere else.
16. Audio books because I don't always have an attention span long enough to read.
17. Jersey Shore because guidos are just awesome and nonexistent on the west coast.
18. Military people because they do shit I know I'd never be brave enough to do.
19. Bear Naked Vanilla Almond Crunch granola because it's yummy.
20. Play Station 3 because not only can I play video games, I can also watch DVD's, Blu-Rays, chat with friends, and surf the internet on it (if I need to).
20 things that are not so awesome:
1. The war. Bring home our troops.
2. Obama for misleading me. (although, he IS a politician and still the better option)
3. The San Francisco Bay Area because as much as I love it, it's too damn expensive to live here.
4. MTV for never playing music videos.
5. Dishes because they don't wash themselves.
6. Worms, slugs, snails, snakes...anything that slithers because it's gross.
7. Dish Network because it's retarded.
8. Flip flops in the rain for obvious reasons.
9. The fact that my dad never answers his phone.
10. The fact that I've lost the majority of my friends because I moved to the other side of the Bay.
11. UFC because there are two pay per views in the month of February. Neither of which I feel are pay per view worthy. But I'll be getting them regardless.
12. School because it's not as easy as I hoped it would be.
13. When I don't put the clothes away right away because they get wrinkled.
14. Farmville because I spent like an hour harvesting, plowing, and replanting only for it to not be saved for some crazy reason.
15. People that don't control their children....because they don't control their children.
16. Andrew on The Real World DC because I can't stand his face.
17. How slow people drive on The Peninsula. Seriously...wtf??
18. Motorcycles because they scare the hell out of me.
19. Prawns because when they're uncooked then kinda gray and I don't like that.
20. Half hour lunches at work because, really, what's the point?
* Danielle had a 50/50 list. I prefer 20/20. :)
Posted by Tiffany at 10:00 AM
Sunday, January 3, 2010
As you may recall, one of my resolutions is to lose weight. I've been doing really well in saying no to my favorite foods. And saying no to...well...just about everything.
Today was the ultimate challenge. Lunch with Nini and Danny at Applebee's. When Applebee's was mentioned to me, I immediately thought of a big fat burger with bacon and cheddar cheese and bbq sauce. mmmm..and french fries.....and a Dr. Pepper.
I am really trying to do this for real. OK, what are my options?
And then I saw this:
Marinated chicken breast grilled and topped with roasted red peppers, portobello mushrooms, Dijon sauce, and aged cheddar cheese. Served with steamed herb potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Amazing. So much food I couldn't even eat it all. And the best part? The entire plate of food is only 450 calories.
Amazing. I love Applebee's.
Posted by Tiffany at 5:38 PM
I know. I forgot to blog yesterday. I know, I know. The second day of the New Year and I already missed a day. Sorry! This one makes up for yesterday.
The picture is Danny's brand spanking new iPod. No. Not the one I got him for Christmas. A brand spanking new one. Less than 4 hours old. Why?
Because iPods don't like me. I have a magnet for defective iPods. I probably should stop talking about it so that my iPod doesn't go bad on me. Although, I did have a really bad day with it.
So..I bought Danny an 8gb 5th generation iPod Nano for Christmas. All was fine and dandy until last night. The entire screen went white and there was nothing to change it. I restored....no help.
I panicked because I couldn't find the receipt. I just had it on Wednesday. WTF did I do with it? So I went online to the Best Buy Reward Zone thing and printed my reward thing hoping that would suffice as a receipt. Surprisingly it did.
At Best Buy, I told the woman behind the counter what was going on and all we had to do was go get a new one and bring it back. Woohoo!! So moral of the story, Best Buy is awesome. And don't let me go to the store and select an iPod off the shelf because I will select the only one that is defective.
Posted by Tiffany at 5:30 PM