BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Nike Run Like a Girl 2008


I was going to blog about it like 2 weeks ago and I never did. I forgot. OK. I didn't forget. I got lazy. Blogging can be time consuming. And I have the attention span of a 4 year old drinking Red Bull.

I completed the Nike Run Like a Girl Half Marathon in San Francisco on October 19th. How you ask? I don't know exactly, but when I find out, I'll let you know. I didn't really train for it. I went to the gym avidly for the first few months after I signed up for it (I signed up in like...I dunno. March). The last 3 months I drove past the gym, smiled, waved, and kept on going about my business.

Someone in that sort of condition really has no business trying to complete a half marathon. 13.1 miles is a looooong way. Especially is San Francisco where the hills are HELLACIOUS. But I did. And my total time was 4 hours 35 minutes and 21 seconds. I did not run or job a single step of it. However, I did get some pretty bad ass blisters on my feet and tendonitis. What's even cooler is that I got a Tiffany's necklace for completing it. That certainly was my motivation to finish.

As I was going through the course, I noticed photographers in random areas. I figured they were just from local papers. Oh no. I was wrong. Turns out Nike was "nice" enough to have photographers take our pictures so they could spead them all over the internet. Since I did not even attempt to train or lose weight or do anything to actually resemble someone that runs, I'm not exactly overjoyed by these photos. Perhaps I'm being overly critical of myself. Perhaps I'm not. I figured maybe I should post a few of the pics here so that if anyone is going to make fun of me, you have the opportunity to do so to my face via my blog.....and now I'm realizing that I can't post them. So here's the link.

http://www.brightroom.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=41309&BIB=9855&LNSEARCH=1&PWD=

Here's my mile markers to prove I did it.





My name was also on the window of Nike Town (sans phone number for a good time).

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I love that necklace!!!

Tiffany said...

want it? my neck is too fat for the chain. LOL

Danielle said...

HAHA! If your neck is too fat for it, I'm sure mine is too!!!